Modi’s Initiative brings smiles to the people of Bundelkhand. At programme in Jalaun district, the Bundelkhand Expressway was inaugurated. This project will boost the local economy and connectivity.
Some facts to know about the Bundelkhand Expressway:
- The Expressway is 296-km. This four-lane expressway has been constructed at a cost of around ₹14,850 crore under the Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority.
- There is a probability that in future the four lane expressway can be expanded up to six lanes as well.
- The expressway is set to give a major uplifting to connectivity and industrial development in the region, resulting in the opportunity to thousands of jobs for the local people.
- The expressway extends from NH-35 at Gonda village near Bharatkoop in Chitrakoot district to near Kudrail village in Etawah district, where it merges with the Agra-Lucknow expressway.
- The expressway will pass through seven districts, viz. Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya and Etawah.
- The foundation stone of the expressway was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in February 2020. The work on the Expressway has been completed within 28 months.
- Another work, the creation of an industrial corridor in the Banda and Jalaun districts, next to the expressway has already started.
- According to PM Modi, the local economy will benefit immensely from the expressway. Modi said, “There will be great industrial development in the region and this would bring more opportunities for the local youth.”
- According to the Prime Minister’s Office the government has been committed to enhancing connectivity across the country and this will lead towards improvement in road infrastructure.
- Proper security arrangements have been set up in Jalaun ahead of PM Modi’s visit. An intensive checking campaign is also being conducted in all the hotels and restaurants of Orai, the district headquarter.
Please follow and like us: